Introducing Our Newest Team Member, Transaction Advisory Specialist Scott McIllwain
Selling a business that you have either built from the ground up or spent considerable time growing to what it is today is challenging and overwhelming.
First of all, you’re handing someone else the keys to something that you are deeply connected to. And most likely, it will be a total stranger. That can create quite a bit of anxiety!
On top of that, there are a lot of hoops to jump through. Selling a business isn’t as easy as listing a lawnmower on Facebook Marketplace. There are valuations to be done, financial reports to be compiled, buyers to vet, and more.
If you’re buying a business, it can be just as difficult.
You want to perform your due diligence to make sure it’s a good deal. Then you want to make sure the seller sees you as the best person to take care of their “baby”…at the best possible price, of course.
A New Transaction Guide Is Here
In a world where buyers and sellers both need a reliable guide, there’s nothing like knowing that you’re walking through the process with someone who has been there many, many times before.
Because we believe our clients should get to work with the best transaction advisors possible, Southard Financial is pleased to welcome Scott McIllwain to the team!
Scott brings a wealth of transaction advisory experience that we are excited to have as a benefit to our clients. He was most recently the Managing Member & Founder of West End Capital Holdings, LLC in Nashville, TN, and will split his time between Nashville and Memphis while serving our customers nationwide.
Scott has been helping people buy and sell businesses for well over 22 years. Additionally, he has been involved in numerous other finance-related enterprises giving him a wide network of business relationships and insights into many different industries.
Here’s a quick list of Scott’s professional background:
- Transaction Advisory Consultant, Southard Financial, LLC, Memphis, TN (2022-present)
- Managing Member & Founder, West End Capital Holdings LLC, Nashville, TN (2012-present)
- Founder & Member, Alliant Capital Advisors, LLC Atlanta, GA & Nashville, TN (2001- 2012)
- Commodities Futures & Options Trader, New York, NY; Chicago, IL; & Memphis, TN (1989-2001)
- Commodities Trading Associate, Refco, Inc. & Sparks Commodities, Memphis, TN (1987-1989)
- Serial Entrepreneur, Co-founded & sold four profitable companies; SAM Corp (Agricultural information & Biotechnology), STA Trading (Agricultural boutique trading, research & brokerage), Alliant Capital Advisors LLC (Lower Middle Market Sell-Side Firm), & NetPeak (Smart grid demand response), (1989 – present)
Critical Transactions Deserve The Best
Buying or selling on your own can be a nightmare. Partnering with a firm that is less than qualified can lead to unnecessary mistakes, wasted time, and either spending too much or receiving too little.
Our team has helped numerous clients avoid failure and enjoy success in all kinds of business transactions for over 35 years. And the addition of Scott McIllwain to our team enhances our capabilities as a reputable valuation and advisory firm.